The P.A.N.I.C Model of Search Behaviour
Introducing the P.A.N.I.C. Model of Search Behaviour, almost named, N.I.C.A.P. (to be pronounced, ‘knee cap’, but as is cyclical I think P.A.N.I.C. works far better!
Here’s the theory.
1. Searcher has a ‘notion’ about something they want to search (internal bias)
2. Searcher starts an investigation around search aim
3. Searcher draws a conclusion
4. Searcher delivers an action
The action could be to click on the site, drill-down search terms etc,.. but feeds back into cycle,
5. Searcher has a reinforced notion
All of these elements are influenced by ‘persuasion’ whether that be brand influence, search positioning, offline, etc.
- Google Analytics Training 2013
- Google Analytics Training with @analyticsgirl (9)
- Unique Visitors vs. New Visitors in Google Analytics – What’s the Difference? (11)
- Google Analytics Link Tagging Toolkit for SEO (21)
- How to Find Out The Real Referring URL – Google Analytics (15)
- My David Cameron Poster – The Conversion Analysts (1)
- Women In Media – Jenni Lloyd (1)
- Nikki Rae in a SwimWear Thong – Google’s Wonder Wheel CV (6)
- The P.A.N.I.C Model of Search Behaviour (5)
- Push My Button! (2)