Below are the details of a previous Google Analytics Workshop presented by Nikki Rae, Simon Nixon and Jason Buck. We delivered this workshop as a mix of GA learnings and User Design Experience to show how visitors behave on their site and then how to use User Experience Design techniques to fix problems and give Users a great experience!
You know that you should be measuring the traffic on your site and you may even have Google Analytics in place, but what next? With 100’s of reports available in Google Analytics, how can you decide which ones you need to choose and in fact, what do they all mean? Ultimately, we want to you go away with a real handle on how you can make more money through your website by understanding and using Google Analytics.
Using Google Analytics for Profit
- How effective is your marketing at bringing qualified leads to your site?
- How effective is your site at converting these leads to sales?
- How can you improve user experience to increase conversion?ing
Together, we will walk through the Google Analytics interface. We will show you how to:
- Find ‘quick wins’
- Make recommendations for campaign tracking
- Use Google Analytics to understand visitor behaviour
- Discover why your qualified visitors are not buying your products by looking at which of your pages are ’stinky’ and which pages are ’sticky’
- Use techniques like card sorting to better organise your content, prototypes to quickly sketch up your ideas, personas to bring your audience to life and user-testing to iron out the problems before you go live.
By the end of the session, you will be able to understand which reports in Google Analytics will be the most useful to you and how to interpret the reports to gain the most actionable insight.
Who Should Attend
The workshop is ideal for anybody who wants to know how to use Google Analytics to improve their marketing strategy and understand how visitors interact with their website. This includes Online Marketers, Web Masters, Campaign Managers, Website Owners/Managers, SEO’s and more.
Venue & Location
Brighton Racecourse. Located on the outskirts of Brighton’s vibrant city with views across the Sussex Downs and Brighton Marina. We’ll not only feed your mind we’ll feed your body too!
Nikki Rae: is a Web Conversion Specialist and G.A. Guru. She’s a fully qualified Google Adwords Professional, Google Analytics IQ Certified She trained in Google Analytics under the former head of Google Analytics EMEA, Brian Clifton, who even mentions her in his book “Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics” and regularly speaks on topics such as analytics, conversion and web business management. Nikki is a regular guest blogger for econsultancy.com and she also blogs for her own site Analytics Training which has practical tips on applying Google Analytics.
Jason Buck: has been helping organisations build and measure websites since 1998. Jason’s skill is in understanding and articulating an organisation’s objectives to make the best online services and tools for both the organisation and the people who use them. His clients have included Rolls-Royce, a number of award winning agencies and the UK Government as well as writing for various magazines and blogs.
Simon Nixon: prides himself on translating complicated business problems into plain English. He built his first website in 1994 and been on a wide and varied journey with a range of digital projects spanning the private and public sector in-house and agency ever since. His passion is involving customers in the design process through User Centred Design and regularly comments on the digital industry.
“When I invite a woman to dinner, I expect her to look at my face. That’s the price she has to pay”
- Registration – Fresh filtered coffee, choice of mixed teas and a selection of mini cinnamon, apple and fruit pasties.
- Mid-morning – Coffee, fruit and Yorkshire teas and a selection of luxury chocolate, oatmeal and fruit biscuits.
- Lunch – two course hot or cold buffet lunch including tea and coffee, juices, chilled water and soft drinks.
- Afternoon – Teas and coffees and plates of fresh homemade sponge and fruit cakes. Iced water and mints available throughout the day.
09:30 – 09:45 Registration
09:45 – 10:00 Introduction
10:00 – 11:00 Google Analytics for Profit
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:15 Google Analytics for Profit
12:15 – 13:15 Lunch
13:15 – 14:45 Useful + Usable = Used
14:45 – 15:00 Break
15:00 – 16:30 Useful + Usable = Used
16:30 – 17:00 Open Floor & Networking
Course has already happened.