I enjoyed the relaxed vibe of the event (based at The Sanctuary Cafe in Hove) and the choice of croissants, cereals and fruits supplied for our breakfast. Yum. With copious amounts of Orange Juice and Coffee (however, not together in the same cup!).
Jenni discussed how networking can feel uncomfortable because you are approaching someone as they have something you desire.
She also led on to discuss that it helps if you know why are networking whilst giving great examples to get the message home.
1. Learn from my peers and be recognised by them – linkedin.com
2. International recognition as experts in our field (presenting at international conferences)
3. Broaden my interests – Upcoming
4. Staying in touch and keeping sane – friend twitter.com/Emm who is at home with 2 kids but wants to stay intouch with her colleagues
5. Need a new job – www.linkedin.com
6. Sell things – mashupupevent.com (Haven’t linked as site down at time of writing)
7. Bring local people together – projectbrighton.com
8. Want to stay in touch with people I used to work with – facebook
9. Want to talk to like-minded people – Likemind Brighton
10. Want to find influencers and maybe join them – Twitter
11. Want to capitalise on my expertise – http://tv.winelibrary.com/
12. Publicise my unioque business – English Cut
13. Want to be a thought leader and build my own brand – http://blogs.hbr.org/haque/
Thanks Jenni – it was great!